Customer Support Technician required with an engineering-focused degree. 25-30k pa. Great opportunity for a graduate with some experience, 9am – 5.30pm (some flexibility with start/finish times may be possible), 1 hour for lunch, 25 days annual leave, free parking.
Engineering company requires an enthusiastic, positive engineering graduate to join their Customer Support Team on a permanent basis. You’ll be responsible for providing technical assistance to our client’s global customer network. You MUST have an engineering type degree and ideally you’ll have knowledge of, or interest in, areas including sampling theory, networking (IP, WiFi, GSM and serial), digital and analogue electronics, control systems and the Windows, Linux and macOS operating systems.
As a Customer Support you will be:
- Working through a list of prioritised support tickets
- Supporting customers through remote diagnosis and deciding strategies on how to proceed with repairs/support
- Liaising with the Engineering department to provide continuous feedback in order to improve product design and reliability
- There will be some requirement to assist with day to day activities, commensurate with your capabilities, within the company, particularly Repairs and Test
- There is also the possibility to travel internationally to support field services, in a ‘hands-on’ function
To succeed as a Customer Support you will need:
- Practical knowledge of electrical troubleshooting methods and equipment
- An engineering degree, or equivalent
- Problem solving mind-set
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage priorities
- Strong Computer literacy skills
- An interest in geology would be favourable
- Ability to work on own initiative in order to develop the team
- Multi-lingual, would be beneficial, particularly Spanish is desirable
- Knowledge of networking (IP / WiFi / GSM / serial) and knowledge of programming in at least one language is desirable
- Salary 25-30 k pa
- 37.5 hours per week
- 9am – 5.30pm (1 hour lunch) Some flexibility may be possible
- 25 days annual leave
- 3% contributory pension
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Free parking
- Open plan office
- Opportunity to travel international
How Do I Apply?
In the first instance please call us on 01256 334575 and chat to one of our friendly team about this role and other opportunities we may have available, or, if you can, call in and see us at our Basingstoke office: http://priorityappointments.co.uk/contact-us/
Alternatively you can submit your CV. However, if you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this particular role.