Design Engineer required for an International Manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Basingstoke in Whitchurch. Offering a competitive salary up to 35k pa depending on previous experience. Benefits including annual bonus, on-site parking, generous holiday entitlement of 33 days per year (including 8 bank holidays), earlier finish on Fridays, annual bonus and parking
As Design Engineer you will;
- Carry out the entire design and development process for new product development projects, with an aim to progress from concept to final volume production.
- Primarily the role will encompass creation of new product designs through the use of core electro-mechanical engineering principles, 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, engineering formulas, equations, etc. This will also include.
- Working with management and laboratory functions to determine test schedules
- Working with production departments to ensure that all designs are suitable for volume manufacture and to supply all information necessary to enable production to procure and build necessary tooling, equipment and plant to deliver the final project.
- Arranging samples and prototypes for testing, carrying out testing (in conjunction with laboratory) and analysing results
- Creating and maintaining initial product BOMs and agreeing and delivering detail designs to schedule. After product release to numeric issue, responsibility for maintaining BOMs passes to support function
- Regular reporting of the project status, highlighting all risks to the project and ensuring that all design aspects of the project are delivered on time
- Create and maintain all necessary drawings and other documentation related to the project(s).
- Give technical engineering advice to other parts of the business as and when necessary
Skills and Attributes you will have;
- Create proven engineering designs
- 3D CAD and ERP Systems experience
- Define all plant / equipment / tooling requirements
- Validate all designs by prototyping and testing
- Deliver designs to an agreed schedule
- Create regular status reports
- Create and maintain BOMS in ERP system up to the point of product release (numeric issue) after which responsibility transfers to support function
- Create and maintain all drawings related to project(s) being worked on.
- Computerised Drawing Package – currently Solidworks
- Windows environment software including MS office suite.
- Fully computer literate with demonstrable ability to transfer skills as and when required.
- Salary up to 35k per annum depending on experience
- 8am – 4.45pm Mon-Thurs, 8am – 3:45pm Fri (45 mins lunch)
- 25 days holiday per annum, +8 bank holidays (33 days)
- Annual Bonus
- Monthly attendance incentive for full attendance
- Pension scheme after probation
- Free parking
In the first instance please call us on 01256 334575 and chat to one of our friendly team about this role and other opportunities we may have available, or, if you can, call in and see us at our Basingstoke office: http://priorityappointments.co.uk/contact-us/
Alternatively you can submit your CV. However, if you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this particular role.