Purchasing Assistant. 26-28k pa, 25 days holiday, 2.30pm finish on Fridays, private medical cover, dental and optical cover and free parking.
Our client a successful and growing family business based in Farnborough is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Purchasing Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. It’s a great opportunity to join a company that values its employees, has very low staff turnover and that offers flexibility.
This role is predominately purchasing focused, however there is an element of stock control involved.
As the Purchasing Assistant you will be:
- Purchasing of goods and materials
- Processing purchase orders and purchase returns on SAGE 200
- Negotiating and building good relationships with suppliers for competitive pricing, quality and lead time
- Liaising with all departments to identify future requirements
- Receiving goods in, recording and processing on SAGE 200
- Keeping the stock room tidy and organised and maintaining accurate stock levels
- Processing daily stores requisitions on SAGE 200
- Creating and maintaining BOMs (bill of materials) on SAGE 200
- Kitting builds and necessary parts for production
- Fulfilling spares orders and packing for dispatch
- Keeping packing materials stocked and packing areas tidy and organised
- Maintaining office equipment (printers, fax, franking machine etc.), stationary supplies and incoming and outgoing post
- Answering the phones, directing calls and taking messages. Put phones on /off answerphone for out of hours, and forward any answerphone messages to the correct department
- Welcoming visitors – sign in and advise relevant staff member of arrival.
To succeed as the Purchasing Assistant you will need:
- Previous purchasing experience
- Experience of using Sage 50 or Sage 200 is highly desirable
- Accurate data entry
- Highly methodical and very organised
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, flexible and with a can do attitude
- 26 – 28k pa
- 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Thursday, 2.30pm finish on a Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover after a year’s service
- Company pension scheme after a year’s service – 5% of your salary and 5% company contribution
- Free parking
- Dental and optical cover
- Company vehicles are provided for any customer visits
How Do I Apply?
In the first instance please call us on 01256 334575 and chat to one of our friendly team about this role and other opportunities we may have available, or, if you can, call in and see us at our Basingstoke office.
Alternatively you can submit your CV. However, if you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this particular role.