Our client is a specialist in rubber and silicone mouldings for a diverse range of industries. With over 30 years’ experience they pride themselves on their innovations producing precision components. Working closely with customers from design to prototype and on to full production, our client ensure they provide complete solutions to customers’ exact needs.
Offering a competitive salary this company are now looking for an experienced Tool Maker to join the team at an exciting time as they take on new contracts. Ideally the right candidate will have previously worked in manufacturing, ideally within aerospace, automotive or similar quality driven industries to join their team on a permanent basis.
Job Role includes but not limited to:
- Assist management with all engineering and tool design related matters
- Manufacture and fabricate mould tools, associated components and assembly
- Ensure all materials required meet customer needs
- Enter customer requirements using the latest issue drawings or sample dimensions
- Understanding of the standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Previous experience in control and operation of hand power tools
- To liaise with customers, suppliers and management
- To liaise with sales and production if tooling needs to be ‘’Contracted Out’
- Work closely with other departments implementing best practice ‘’LEAN’’ techniques
- Loading and transportation of material, components and finished articles
- Fully skilled tool making / design background within a manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of tool making, manufacturing processes, procedures and machinery
- Ability to read drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to problem solve with an analytical approach
- Confident in dealing with Quality and Health and Safety issues
- Proactive, self-starter with an enquiring mind
- IT Literate including good standard or MS Office
- Good standard of tool design including proficiency in CNC programming, use of multi-axis machines, CAM driven milling and/ or turning
- Monday to Thursday 7.30 -5.30 Mon to Thurs 7.30-1.00pm Friday
- Salary £25,000 – £26,000 per annum
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
If this is not the job for you, but you know someone who might be interested please get in touch and take advantage of our fantastic ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, call us TODAY for more details.
If you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, thank you.